Thursday, April 24, 2008

going green part 2

Not all the people realize that global warming is messing up the planet and us the people have to try our best to maintain it safe and keep it from getting polluted. I have been trying my best to save the planet ever since I saw the movie “Inconvenient Truth” it made me realize that the littlest things we do can save the planet and make it a safer place to live in. for example I have been turning off my computer in the nights before going to sleep, Before I use to leave it on the whole night and day until I used it. I saw that it takes up a lot of energy and is risking the planet from a blackout. I have also been using the light bulbs that don’t really take up a lot of energy and electricity, there not cheap but if it’s going to save the planet I’m willing to do it. My mother didn’t realize it but after I told her what I had learned she agreed with me on saving the planet at first she was confused but then she understood how global warming can finish the planet in no time. I have been trying to live green I recycle bottles now instead of throwing them in together with the trash we have a clear plastic bag which is only for bottles or anything that can be recycled such as glass, cans, plastic, etc. the little things you do can help make earth a better planet. Also I turn off all the lights before I go out. Before we use to leave the hallway light on and we didn’t know that it takes up to much energy and how it’s affecting the planet. Now whenever I see any electronic device on and is in no use I turn it off and make sure the energy isn’t being wasted for any reason. In my own ways I also been conserving paper when I wash my hands instead of using paper towels I use my regular towel that is made of silk. It makes paper in my house last more and it helps save money and paper which is made of trees in a way they all combine together to make the planet better. I didn’t realize how much pollution goes on in a daily basis and is sad to see that there is global warming occurring makes me really scared I hope people make the choice of helping save the planet so we can live longer and not worry about us breathing air that is going to be polluted in the future. I know I am not really doing a lot to save the planet but little by little I will try and I am going to be proud of what I am achieving. There is a lot of ways people can go green if you want to see how you can visit this website which gives u tips on what to use or do to save the planet: http://green.yahoo.com/living-green take a look at it and you will see how much can be done to save the planet.

1 comment:

C. Jason Smith said...

Excellent work! And thanks for trying to do good things for the environment. Every little bi helps.