Thursday, April 24, 2008

trip to the library

When I first got to the library I was really confused this was the biggest one I been to in my life. At first I didn’t know where to go because there were two libraries and my class was in the other while I went through the whole library trying to find them. I pretty much looked around without the class but then I called one of my classmates and met up with them so I can catch up on things. I went to the other one were everyone was at and I looked into it and found so many different sections and it was five floors since I had gotten there late I pretty much didn’t know what to do. So I just left back to the other library and met up with Dr.Smith and we went in for a tour and were learning how the library has sections were u can’t really touch. What I found interesting was when we went into a room where they had like a bible which was very old and I’m not sure if it was Spanish or Portuguese can someone help me if they remember. This library had three floors and the stairs looked like if it was a mansion but very old the smell of it was like old books and it’s very colorful and designs. For example I remember we went into a room where there was a painting all over the roof I was in shock because it was so colorful and attracted my eyes. Also I wasn’t sure what the paintings meant because I wasn’t really paying attention but whoever did that masterpiece they did very good job. This trip was very fun to bad I got there late who knows I’m not really a fan of the library but in college I’m going to be very familiar with it. In the front of the main entrance the steps look like if you are going to walk up and see a king and it is very interesting because I never seen that before. The way it looks it reminds me of a big old mansion. I’m sure I will get to visit any other libraries with interesting books especially from the old times. In my opinion the library is boring for the simple fact that I am not a reader. Whenever I have to visit a library I get the chills and is so many rules to follow such as staying quite I’m very loud and when I have to stay quite is very hard to do. There were all different types of a person which seem interesting and prove that there is no age limit to reading a book you just have to make sure reading is your thing. In this library you’re not allowed to take home any books wit you it pretty much reminded me off a museum we get to look at them and just analyze them. This is pretty much what I can talk about this trip was pretty fun I got to explore a library for the first time I am just not a reader but who knows I’ll be back to do research.

No comments: